Monday, February 23, 2009

and The Oscars go to....

My morning was disheveled.

Grabbed of my most valued sleep, I quit blaming myself for not having slept with my regular 10 hour-slumber when the Actor for Best Performance, Sean Peann said, "For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think it's a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect on their great shame and their shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they continue that support," Penn said. "We've got to have equal rights for everyone."

The Oscars I watched today was moving me.

After enjoying Hugh Jackman's opening production number, there were two quotes that moved me this morning. First was that of the handsome Sean.

Another best quote that I heard this morning while I was struggling not to be late in the office because I was glued on the boob tube is from "Milk" writer Dustin Lance Black, who offered an impassioned tribute to Milk.

"If Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he would want me to say to all the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told they are less than by the churches, by the government, by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value, and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours," Black said.

What would be better than the best quotes?

Now, let me go to sleep, please. baby, I am so sleepy now. Shall we sleep together, right now? Now na.

No comments: